Alabama Governor's Prayer Team - update 20230124

We pray for the state of Alabama: for the people of Alabama, for the land of Alabama, for our Governor, for our State Assembly, for our State Judiciary, and for all those serving in government around Alabama: whether elected, appointed, or employed. 

We stand in the gap as intercessors, prayer warriors, for Alabama. 

We pray for favor as we connect with the Governor's office, the State Assembly Prayer Caucus, and the State Supreme Court's office with how we can pray and support them.

We pray for grassroots leaders in each county to pray over their county and county seat; how can they support their county council, their sheriffs, and the mayors around the county. And, how we can support our state leaders in prayer.

Prayer focus items: [will update as we go along]-2023-2024 Sessions of Congress, State Assembly, elected officials-Elections 2024
-Governor's Office and Staff, Cabinet and Department Heads-State Assembly & Legislative Prayer Caucus-State Judiciary & Intercessory Prayer Teams-67 counties within Alabama, County Coucils, Sheriffs Departments, Fire & Rescue & Emergency Services in the counties
-573 towns and cities within Alabama
Declaration:We reclaim the chapels, the places of worship that where once common in our state capitol and county buildings, taking back the land and reestablishing our nation's rich Christian heritage!

OUR SCRIPTURE FOCUS:
2 Chronicles 1:10"Give me now wisdom and knowledge to go out and come in before this people, for who can govern this people of yours, which is so great?” 2 Chronicles 7:14, 15
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. 

Jeremiah 29:7
Seek the welfare [peace] of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare [peace] you will find your welfare [peace].

1 Timothy 2.1,2
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 

1 Samuel 12.13-16Now therefore behold the king whom ye have chosen, and whom ye have desired! and, behold, the LORD hath set a king over you.If ye will fear the LORD, and serve him, and obey his voice, and not rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall both ye and also the king that reigneth over you continue following the LORD your God:But if ye will not obey the voice of the LORD, but rebel against the commandment of the LORD, then shall the hand of the LORD be against you, as it was against your fathers.Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes.*Pray our leaders serve and honor our God, the God of the Bible, and that do likewise.
Please feel free to share this forum with those you know who pray and are interested in being a part of a prayer covering for Alabama, their county, and their city.

You need to be a member of NGPT to add comments!

Join NGPT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We pray for grassroots leaders in each county to pray over their county and county seat; how can they support their county council, their sheriffs, and the mayors around the county. And, how we can support our state leaders in prayer.

Prayer focus items: [will update as we go along]-2023-2024 Sessions of Congress, State Assembly, elected officials
    -Elections 2024
    -Governor's Office and Staff, Cabinet and Department Heads-State Assembly & Legislative Prayer Caucus
    -State Judiciary & Intercessory Prayer Teams
    -67 counties within Alabama, County Coucils, Sheriffs Departments, Fire & Rescue & Emergency Services in the counties
    -588 towns and cities within Alabama (174 incorporated cities)

Alabama Government Leaders:Governor: Kay Ivey
    Lt Governor:  Will Ainsworth
    Sec of State: John Merrill
    Attorney General: Steve Marshall

Chief Justice ASC: Tom Parker

State Assembly:
    House Speaker: Nathaniel Ledbetter
    Senate President Pro Tempore: Del Marsh 

US Congress:
    Senator: Tommy Tuberville
    Senator: Katie Britt
    Representative 1: Jerry Carl