Regional Prayer Leader (RPL) Position Summary: This position exists to oversee and support the State Prayer Leaders (SPL) with their area of responsibility and be a liaison to the National Office. This involves the development of personal relationships with each of the SPL’s state-wide strategies to implement observances (Prayer Conference Calls, Times of Public Prayer) and mobilize ongoing prayer, training plans if necessary to develop the SPL’s and their intercessor network and support resources to assist state promotion.
1 - Liaison and extension of the National Office and mission:
- Work in conjunction with the National Director
- Grassroots movement: Share victories, identify concerns, needs and opportunities, prayer alerts, messages, spokespersons,
- Coordinator Data: oversee new SPL apply online along with their intercessory teams and inner state prayer leaders; ensure current databases. Ensure SPL receives national data updates.
- Hold a monthly regional call with all SPL’s participating.
2 - Training, Equipping and Recruitment:
- Develop State training plans w/to increase effectiveness, support and ministry impact.
- Oversee flow of training resources to SPL via web site, state training days, phone, email support.
- Ensure the vision, mission, consistent promotion and presentation messages on SPL weekly calls
- Help recruit and train new SPL; relationships, identifying and engaging with upcoming leaders and other ministries networking, mutual partnerships.
3 - Expenses:
- If needed establish a non-profit account through an existing non-profit local church or Christian ministry - or establish your own non-profit status, 501(c)(3) - to receive funds (donations).
4 - State Prayer Leader Support:
- Develop a personal relationship with each of the SPL: ongoing prayer support, guidance, ideas, communication (email, phone, etc.)
- Develop state strategies to implement prayer observances and prayer calls
- When needed assist in developing plans for budgeting, funding and promoting events and prayer initiatives.
5 - National Web Site (ngpt.org):
- Visit site for on-going information, coordinator page updates, training tools.
- Event/ Prayer Call Posting: Oversee SPL postings of all upcoming prayer events on the national web site calendar, with detailed information.
- Event/ Prayer Call Reporting: Oversee on-line brief report after Event/ Prayer Call. Consider a link to the calls recording or a video link from event on YouTube. Event/ Prayer Call report data supports Prayer Leader/ Intercessor network, National Director and media efforts to praise, track, and share the power and results of prayer.
6 - Reporting:
- This position reports to and is directly accountable to the National Director.
- National Regional Leader positions are recruited for and appointed by the National Director
- Key verses:
I Timothy 2: 1-4 “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”